Wednesday 30 September 2009

God Bless Steve Woods!

It's not often that I bestow blessings on colleagues but in this case I have to make an exception. I have to confess, I've been particularly rubbish at maintaining my blog over the past few months. I don't do this blog on behalf of my employer, and am not driven by publishing deadlines or other events that force me to write. I simply do it because I'm passionate about B2B marketing and am genuinely interested in making a contribution to improving the professionalism of B2B marketing.

My only excuse is that I've been busy - pathetic, I know, but there you go. I'm deploying a marketing automation system at the moment and that's keeping me busy. And when I have a few spare moments I have to confess I prefer to choose to spend them with my family rather than with my laptop. But I've recommitted myself to spending more time posting content.

Today I spoke at an event chaired by Joel Harrison and B2B Marketing Magazine. I'll link to the content in the next couple of days when Joel publishes it. I was covering 10 ways to improve your marketing campaigns. Item 10 was about keeping yourself fresh with new insight. RSS feeds are great but better still is clever people you respect doing the filtering for you. Hence my gratitude to Steve Woods. Steve is CTO at Eloqua - I had the good fortune to meet him at an event in London earlier in the year. His blog on "Digital Body Language" is always thought provoking and I've learned a great deal from him. Best of all, he's started providing a digest of good content that he's come across from various luminaries in this space. His latest Marketing Automation Weekly Wrap-Up contains links to new content from Laura Ramos at Forrester, Sirius Decisions and Brian Carroll - three individuals/organisations from whom I've learned a great deal. So thank you Steve - I'll continue to use your blog as a useful filter on what's new.

1 comment:

Steven Woods said...

Pete,
Wow, that was kind. It's an honor to get that kind of an accolade from someone I respect so much in the industry. It was great chatting last year, and I enjoyed hearing you speak. I hope we can connect again soon!
Best,
Steve